Getting arrested or being suspected of a crime can leave one extremely vulnerable to incrimination and violation of rights. If you or your loved ones has been placed under investigation or arrest, now is the best time to have a trusted criminal defense attorney by your side — and Lackey Law Firm, PC is at your service.
Below is a sample of the types of criminal defense services that the firm offers:
- Criminal Appeals – Representing clients on appeals from trial courts.
- Drug Crimes – Being charged with possessing a controlled substances or an illegal drugs, such as marijuana, cocaine, methamphetamine, heroin, or ecstasy can place your future and freedom in jeopardy. Even the smallest cases can impact your ability to obtain housing or employment. From Class C misdemeanor citations to complicated felony charges, Lackey Law Firm, PC will fight to protect your rights.
- DUI/DWI – Avoiding the harsh penalties of the Texas law when it comes to Driving Under the Influence (DUI) and Driving While Intoxicated (DWI). The consequences of an arrest for DUI/DWI start the minute you are arrested, and can quickly affect your ability to keep your driver’s license through the Administrative License Revocation (ALR) process. Waiting to hire an attorney can be a big mistake, and you could miss your chance to request a hearing to contest the suspension of your license. Lackey Law Firm, PC also handles Public Intoxication, Minor in Possession of Alcohol, Minor in Consumption of Alcohol, and other alcohol-related criminal cases.
- DWLI – Contesting cases where a person is accused of driving without a valid driver’s license can be very important to maintaining an individual’s privilege to continue to drive, and attempting to avoid a snowball of fines and surcharges that make it financially difficult to keep a driver’s license valid can make all the difference for someone’s future. Lackey Law Firm, PC can also assist qualified clients in obtaining an Occupational Driver’s License when a license suspension has been placed on a driving record.
- Theft – Assisting those charged with theft and credit card abuse by businesses or individuals.
- White-Collar Crimes – Ensuring that white-collar crime cases are properly handled by the authorities and the accused is affording the protections provided under the law.
- Felony – Ranging from violent crimes against persons, like assault, to crimes against property, the goal of Lackey Law Firm, PC is to work for the best possible outcome when you are suspected of, arrested for, or charged with a serious felony.
- Misdemeanor – Ensuring that all misdemeanor cases are handled with the same care and concern as more serious cases, Lackey Law Firm, PC understands that misdemeanor charges are serious too and efforts should be made to minimize potential consequences.
- Expunction/Non-disclosures – Petitioning for a client’s criminal history to be erased through the Expunction process, or sealed through the Non-disclosure process is another service that Lackey Law Firm, PC provides. Lackey Law Firm, PC can assist in obtaining a certified criminal history from the Texas Department of Public Safety and evaluating what steps might be taken to help an individual get a fresh start.
Why Lackey Law Firm?
Honest, prompt, and personalized — These are the values that Lackey Law Firm, PC upholds in its services. Criminal charges are not pleasant, and they need to be handled effectively with professional care.
If you are in the Austin, Texas area* and are in need of immediate help, call or fill out the Free Case Evaluation form to schedule a free phone consultation as soon as possible with Alicia Lackey.
Lackey Law Firm, P.C. accepts criminal law cases in Fredericksburg, Austin, Bee Cave, Lakeway, Rollingwood, West Lake Hills, The Hills, Spicewood, Dripping Springs, Stonewall, Harper, Luckenbach, Llano, Kingsland, Sunrise Beach, Buchanan Dam, Boerne, Comfort, Fair Oaks Ranch, Oak Hill, Cedar Park, Leander, Round Rock, Georgetown, Pflugerville, Liberty Hill, Burnet, Bertram, Marble Falls, Horseshoe Bay, Kerrville, Ingram, Johnson City, and Blanco.*
*Main Office is located in Austin Texas. All office locations are staffed by appointment only.