Why mediation? Because it works. Contrary to the depiction of the American justice system on television, most legal disputes don’t end in a bloody courtroom battle. The clear majority of cases reach a settlement at some point prior to final trial. While trials can appear exciting when they are produced by directors for entertainment; the reality is, trials can be traumatic experiences. A public showdown in court can render relationships and reputations irreparable. Decisions by judges or juries can be made on the limited information they hear in the short time that the case is being presented. The judgments are rarely made with all the information available and every personal consideration weighed. Further, the court system is already overwhelmed by the volume of cases that do not reach settlement, and waiting for relief by trial can often take time. In many instances, litigation is simply not the best option for a case. With the help of a properly facilitated mediation, you can save time, money, and headaches from actual court proceedings.
Do you want the future of what happens to your family made by complete strangers? Shouldn’t you be involved in the ultimate decision that is made regarding your property or your children? Lackey Law Firm, PC brings opposing parties together with the goal of coming to a mutually acceptable solution. The main benefits of mediation include:
- Trying to settle a case between the parties and the lawyers, by letters and emails, can be time-consuming. Attorney’s schedules can be hectic, and some parties tend to avoid dealing with conflict. Mediation is a time that is set aside so that the parties can focus on engaging in a conversation about the issues, and participating in the creation of ideas to solve the matter.
- It is your mediation agreement, no one can make it for you and it can be crafted by the people that have the most interest in the outcome.
- You do not have to reach an agreement unless you agree, there is no decision-maker that will decide for you. It is your mediation.
- You can present all the information you feel is important, without the limitations of the strict rules and procedures set-out for trials.
- Mediation is confidential. There are respected rules that dictate what cannot be repeated in court if mediation fails, so you are free to explore creative solutions that you would otherwise not be able to consider.
- Mediation occurs in a more relaxed setting, than trial. Accommodations can be made for safety, privacy, dietary needs and conveniences.
- Trials can be costly, and mediation can save everyone the financial drain of preparing and prosecuting a trial.
- Finally, there is a greater chance of mending or maintaining amicable relationships among parties when a compromise is made.
With all the benefits comes the task of finding the right mediator who can balance all parties’ needs. Alicia Lackey of Lackey Law Firm, PC strives to find the common ground and propose creative solutions to resolve even the most complex or contested case. With over a decade of experience in the Family Law Courts, rest assured that your negotiations will benefit from her familiarity with the system and compromises will be set with utmost professionalism and neutrality.
Alicia Lackey is a Certified Family Law Mediator and offers mediations services for all Family Law case types including:
- Adoption Mediations
- Annulment Mediations
- Conservatorship & Visitation Mediations
- Custody Mediations
- Child Support Mediations
- Divorce Mediations
- Enforcement of Court Order Mediations
- Modification of Court Order Mediations
- Paternity Mediations
- Pre-litigation Family Mediations
- Separation Mediations
- Spousal Support & Alimony Mediations
- Termination of Parental Rights Mediations
Why Lackey Law Firm?
Lackey Law Firm, PC can provide the in-office mediation services you need, or can even come to you. Lackey Law Firm, PC strives to provide legal services that are honest, prompt and personalized — values that need to be upheld in every mediation process. From the headquarters in Austin to the Hill Country office in Fredericksburg,* for your mediation needs, Alicia Lackey is your mediator.
To learn more about our services, call or fill out the Free Case Evaluation form to schedule a free phone consultation as soon as possible.
Lackey Law Firm, P.C. accepts mediation cases in Fredericksburg, Austin, Bee Cave, Lakeway, Rollingwood, West Lake Hills, The Hills, Spicewood, Dripping Springs, Stonewall, Harper, Luckenbach, Llano, Kingsland, Sunrise Beach, Buchanan Dam, Boerne, Comfort, Fair Oaks Ranch, Oak Hill, Cedar Park, Leander, Round Rock, Georgetown, Pflugerville, Liberty Hill, Burnet, Bertram, Marble Falls, Horseshoe Bay, Kerrville, Ingram, Johnson City, and Blanco.*
*Main Office is located in Austin Texas. All office locations are staffed by appointment only.