Are you required to have a lawyer to divorce in Texas? No.
But unless you are a qualified professional, going through the divorce process without a family law attorney can create problems that will haunt your future. It is not enough to hire any family lawyer. You need a Texas attorney who is capable in delivering results.
Alicia Lackey of Lackey Law Firm P.C. currently provides legal assistance and guidance for spouses filing for divorce, regardless of the type. Equipped with years of experience and knowledge, she is prepared to fight for your rights in court, or guide in the settlement process, with your future in mind.
What are the Types of Divorce in Texas?
- Collaborative Divorce – When parties collaborate to negotiate and settle their differences without litigation. Although the parties might not agree on everything at all times, the collaborative divorce process can facilitate the parties reaching agreements on issues such as custody, property division, and child support.
- Contested Divorce – When either party disputes one or more issues of the case, and a court determination is required to resolve the matters.
- Uncontested Divorce – When both spouses work together to cooperatively dissolve their marriage and reach an agreement on also issues in the case, which can include the informal settlement, mediation or collaborative divorce processes.
- At- Fault Divorce – When there are claims in the divorce that a spouse has caused the divorce, the Court can grant a divorce in favor of one spouse on ground such as: cruelty, adultery, conviction of felony, abandonment, living apart, confinement in or mental hospital.
- No-Fault Divorce – When the ground for divorce is that the marriage has become insupportable because of discord or conflict of personalities that destroys the legitimate ends of the marital relationship and prevents any reasonable expectation of reconciliation.
- Default Divorce – When the court grants the divorce after one spouse failed to respond to the filing of the other spouse, after a certain period of time and a number of conditions are met.
Why Lackey Law Firm?
Experienced Family Law Attorney – Alicia Lackey has experience in divorce and other cases related to family law, as well as in other useful fields such as litigation, criminal defense, and immigration in the Austin and Fredericksburg, Texas area.*
Dedication – You can expect professional, honest, and personalized legal services when you hire Alicia Lackey to be your legal defense. You deserve an attorney that listens to your particular needs, as well as keeps you informed towards the success of each case.
Compassion for Every Client – Aside from being skilled and knowledgeable in law, Alicia Lackey is an advocate for clients in building a better community in Texas, helping one family at a time.
Call now or fill out the Free Case Evaluation form to schedule a free phone consultation so Alicia can help you gain a fresh start with divorce.
Lackey Law Firm, P.C. accepts Divorce and other Family Law related cases in Fredericksburg, Austin, Bee Cave, Lakeway, Rollingwood, West Lake Hills, The Hills, Spicewood, Dripping Springs, Stonewall, Harper, Luckenbach, Llano, Kingsland, Sunrise Beach, Buchanan Dam, Boerne, Comfort, Fair Oaks Ranch, Oak Hill, Cedar Park, Leander, Round Rock, Georgetown, Pflugerville, Liberty Hill, Burnet, Bertram, Marble Falls, Horseshoe Bay, Kerrville, Ingram, Johnson City, and Blanco.*
*Main Office is located in Austin Texas. All office locations are staffed by appointment only.