Of all the married couples you know that have had a marriage end in divorce or separation, how many of them will say that the process made them a better person. Unfortunately, the judicial system is not always the best at addressing disputes of the family relationship. In every neighborhood, work environment, or group, there are too many stories of divorce leaving parties an emotional and financial wreck. However, the dissolution of marriage does not always have to end badly.
Divorce doesn’t always have to be a legal battle. There is a way for couples to be amicable, to negotiate and settle their differences without the courtroom drama. Although the parties might not agree on everything at all times, the collaborative divorce process can facilitate the parties reaching agreements on issues such as custody, property division, and child support without litigation. Many times, the Collaborative Divorce can be the best option for an Uncontested or Agreed Divorce.
What is Collaborative Divorce?
Collaborative Divorce is considered a private, confidential, an alternative way of reaching agreement to achieve a divorce settlement. It primarily involves continuous negotiations, communication, and mediation between both parties and professionals, but still within the legal protection of a traditional divorce.
What are the Benefits of Collaborative Divorce?
- Interest-Based Negotiation – Reaching a “win-win” instead of “win-lose” settlement is the goal of the Collaborative Divorce Attorney. This enables both parties to focus on the future of their children, financial security, and other mutual goals.
- Private and Discrete – Providing a safe and comfortable space for everyone involved should never be compromised. Collaborative Divorce is often the best option for spouses who want to avoid the prying eyes of the public or the pressure of a courtroom without forfeiting due process and the assistance of professionals.
- Family-Centered – Extending efforts to make sure that the interest of all members of the family, especially the children, is safeguarded.
- Flexible Terms – Creating the terms and conditions which will best suit a couple is not always the same. Under the guidance of the Collaborative Divorce professional, spouses can customize the perfect arrangement to obtain an Uncontested or Agreed Divorce.
- Cost-Effective – Removing the meticulous and tedious process of the traditional divorce will tremendously cut down on the expenses. The Collaborative Divorce Process can not only help save you money, it can also reduce the amount of time and effort you need to invest in a divorce.
Why Lackey Law Firm?
Lackey Law Firm, P.C. believes in family first. More than a legal representative, you need a lawyer who is genuinely concerned about your well-being. This is what you can expect from Alicia — knowledgeable in Family Law and hands-on service for your case.
Call now or complete the Free Case Evaluation form to schedule a free phone consultation so Alicia can help you get started with your journey to a fresh start through Collaborative Divorce.
Lackey Law Firm, P.C. accepts Collaborative Divorce and other Family Law related cases in Fredericksburg, Austin, Bee Cave, Lakeway, Rollingwood, West Lake Hills, The Hills, Spicewood, Dripping Springs, Stonewall, Harper, Luckenbach, Llano, Kingsland, Sunrise Beach, Buchanan Dam, Boerne, Comfort, Fair Oaks Ranch, Oak Hill, Cedar Park, Leander, Round Rock, Georgetown, Pflugerville, Liberty Hill, Burnet, Bertram, Marble Falls, Horseshoe Bay, Kerrville, Ingram, Johnson City, and Blanco.*
*Main Office is located in Austin Texas. All office locations are staffed by appointment only.