Domestic tension can rise during divorce, annulment or even if you have never been married but are separated, especially when parents are discussing child support. There is a specific set of guidelines under the Texas Family Code for the amount to be allotted for the children’s support per month. However, courts can deviate from the code under certain circumstances, and the code allows for the parties to reach agreements that are not in accord with the guidelines. When determining child support the court can examine factors such as net resources, cost of health insurance, a duty to support other children, intentional underemployment, imputed income, special needs of the children, the age of the children, the ability of the parent’s to contribute support, the child’s assets, child care expenses, cost of travel for visitation, and others in the best interest of the child. Regardless your relationship with the other party, the health and well-being of the children should still be prioritized, and this is what Lackey Law Firm, P.C. firmly believes and upholds.
Alicia Lackey understands the emotional and sometimes physical toll divorce can bring on the children. When you need an experienced, sensitive, and family-oriented lawyer who can balance yours and children’s interest. Lackey Law Firm, P.C. can assist with various child support cases, including but not limited to:
- Termination of Marriage Relationship – during a lawsuit terminating a marriage that involved children of the marriage, a court order can be requested to determine how the children will be supported, and which party will provide health insurance, medical and dental support.
- Original Suit Affecting Parent-Child Relationship – when the parents are not married, but do not live together, a court order can be requested to determine how the child will be supported, and provided with health insurance, medical and dental support.
- Modification of Child Support – when a party has been ordered to pay child support, or provide health insurance, medical and dental support, but as change to the court order is needed to increase or decrease the support, or change the person paying the support based on the facts in the case.
- Enforcement of Child Support – when a party has been ordered to pay child support, or provide health insurance, medical and dental support, but they fail to comply with the Court order, action can be taken to enforce the court ordered obligations of the party, or to defend a party from obligations under certain circumstances.
- IV-D Child Support – When a parent receives assistance from the Office of the Texas Attorney General to locate and contact the non-custodial parent, establish paternity, or collect child support.
Why Lackey Law Firm?
Experienced Family Law Attorney – Alicia Lackey has experience in child support and other cases related to family law, as well as in other useful fields such as litigation, criminal defense, and immigration in the Austin and Fredericksburg, Texas area.*
Dedication – You can expect professional, honest, and personalized legal services when you hire Alicia Lackey to be your legal defense. You deserve an attorney that listens to your particular needs, as well as keeps you informed towards the success of each case.
Compassion for Every Client – Aside from being skilled and knowledgeable in law, Alicia Lackey is an advocate for clients in building a better community in Texas, helping one family at a time.
Call now or fill out the Free Case Evaluation form to schedule a free phone consultation so Alicia can help you and your family claim what is rightfully yours with proper child support.
Lackey Law Firm, P.C. accepts Child Support and other Family Law related cases in Fredericksburg, Austin, Bee Cave, Lakeway, Rollingwood, West Lake Hills, The Hills, Spicewood, Dripping Springs, Stonewall, Harper, Luckenbach, Llano, Kingsland, Sunrise Beach, Buchanan Dam, Boerne, Comfort, Fair Oaks Ranch, Oak Hill, Cedar Park, Leander, Round Rock, Georgetown, Pflugerville, Liberty Hill, Burnet, Bertram, Marble Falls, Horseshoe Bay, Kerrville, Ingram, Johnson City, and Blanco.*
*Main Office is located in Austin Texas. All office locations are staffed by appointment only.