Adopting a child is as rewarding as it is complex, and in the State of Texas adding a new member in the family can be daunting. However, a family law attorney who can help you accomplish the process can ease the complications of this noble pursuit. Alicia Lackey of Lackey Law Firm, P.C. offers legal assistance for adoption, including providing advice, strategy.
Lackey Law Firm, P.C. has helped individuals in the Austin and Fredericksburg, Texas area* secure rights to safeguard the welfare of children, regardless of the complications. Lackey Law Firm, P.C. can assist with adoption application for:
- Private Adoption – Involving the children’s biological family or relatives and the adoptive family. It is divided into two categories. First is Open Adoption, where the birth parents and adoptive parents meet and coordinate under the guidance of an attorney or agency. Second is Closed Adoption, where there is generally more privacy between the parties and sharing certain information can be restricted.
- Adoption in Child Protective Services – Involving children who have been removed from their former homes by Child Protective Services (CPS), or whose birth parents have had their parental rights terminated.
- International Adoption – Involving children from another country, which may include coordination between the lawyer, adoption agency, and adoptive parents.
- Infant Adoption – Involving infants or newborn deemed ready for adoption, whether open or closed adoption. In these cases, often times the birth mother chooses the viable parents based on their profile.
- Relative Adoption – Involving an existing relative, i.e. grandchild, niece, or nephew.
- Foster-Adopt – Involving a child to be placed as a foster child with the expectation that, as the relationship develops, adoption will result.
Why Lackey Law Firm?
Experienced Family Law Attorney – Alicia Lackey has experience in adoption and other cases related to family law, as well as in other useful fields such as litigation, criminal defense, and immigration in Austin, TX.
Dedication – You can expect professional, honest, and personalized legal services when you hire Alicia Lackey to be your legal defense. You deserve an attorney that listens to your particular needs, as well as keeps you informed towards the success of each case.
Compassion for Every Client – Aside from being skilled and knowledgeable in law, Alicia Lackey is an advocate for clients in building a better community in Texas, helping one family at a time.
Call now or fill out the Free Case Evaluation form to schedule a free phone consultation so Alicia can assist your family through legal adoption process.
Lackey Law Firm, P.C. accepts Adoption and other Family Law related cases in Fredericksburg, Austin, Bee Cave, Lakeway, Rollingwood, West Lake Hills, The Hills, Spicewood, Dripping Springs, Stonewall, Harper, Luckenbach, Llano, Kingsland, Sunrise Beach, Buchanan Dam, Boerne, Comfort, Fair Oaks Ranch, Oak Hill, Cedar Park, Leander, Round Rock, Georgetown, Pflugerville, Liberty Hill, Burnet, Bertram, Marble Falls, Horseshoe Bay, Kerrville, Ingram, Johnson City, and Blanco.*
*Main Office is located in Austin Texas. All office locations are staffed by appointment only.